Point Cloud to 3D Model
Point Cloud to 2D Drawings
Our coverage area
How long does a measured survey take?
- Whether the house needs to be surveyed externally, internally or both.
- Size of the house ( how many floors need to be surveyed).
- The complexity of the house internally and externally (complexity of architectural elements, beams etc).
- Whether the property is furnished or not.
- Access restrictions during i.e some rooms in a hotel may be accessible only at certain times.
Stages of measured surveys
- Request a quotation for the services you require.
- Agree on the survey date and time.
- We will come to do the survey.
- Typically in 3-5 working days, we will get in touch and inform you that the results are ready.
How much is a measured house survey?
Our prices for a Measured House Survey + a set of CAD & PDF As-Built drawings start from £375 + VAT. The main factors affecting the cost of a building measured survey:
- The size of the house.
- The number of floors required to be surveyed.
- Whether the measured survey is only internal, external or both.
- Required As-Built drawings and their quantities.
- Internal and external complexity of the property – i.e complex external architectural elements and a large number of internal ceiling beams and staircases that need to be shown on elevations, section drawings and floor plans.
As a result, no two surveys are the same and therefore we price each quotation individually.
What information is required to get a quotation for a measure house survey?
Typically we would ask for the following:
- The full address of the property so we could review the property in Google Maps.
- Any marketing floor plans (if available), so we could get a better understanding of the size and complexity of space internally.
- Outline of the required drawings i.e 2 x floor plans, 4 x elevations and 2 x section drawings. If you are not sure, please state the reason for your survey and we can advise on the required drawings accordingly.
- Estimated survey date so we could advise on our availability.
Our response time is typically 10 minutes. If your enquiry is urgent, please contact via calling us on the landline or mobile number.
Examples of our measured surveys
What information is included?
- Floor Plans – indicate all walls, windows, doors, built-in cupboards, fireplaces, sanitary equipment and kitchen worktops.
- Roof Plans –indicate all the ribs, slopes, attic windows, pipes and so on.
- External Elevations – indicate all windows, doors, pipes, roofs and architectural elements* (details to be discussed with the customer)
- Ceiling Plans – all visible elements required by the customer are displayed.
- Sections – are built according to plans and show the stairs, floor and ceiling marks, as well as rafter beams in the attic.
- Site plan – can be detailed with or without level marks.
What software do you work with?
We currently use the following software for our services:
- Faro Scene – For registering 3D laser captured scans into Point Clouds
- Autodesk ReCAP PRO – For viewing TrueView 360° imagery & virtual tours with the ability to extract measurements, when performing a manual quality on finished As-Built drawings and 3D Revit BIM models.
- Autodesk AutoCAD – Production of As-Built CAD drawings from Point Cloud data.
- Autodesk Revit – Production of As-Built CAD drawings and 3D BIM models from Point Cloud data.